Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Learning to Cope

They say that the day he leaves is the hardest. But as today came around, I'm beginning to question that concept. Although, yes It was a hard time and seeing his face walk onto that bus, knowing I wouldn't be in his arms for a year was heart breaking and really the hardest thing I have ever had to do. Today the reality of that hits home.

I woke up this morning after a rough night of tear streaked cheeks, and finally passing out on his side of the bed cuddling with his pillow. And I first thought awe he didn't say bye before pt. Oh well I'll get up and be ready to take a shower with him afterwards. A little while passed and I realized....He wont be walking back through that door today.

These simple things sadden me. But good news I have been able to hear from him on every step of his travel. And you know with him gone the countdown til he is back is getting smaller every second....and who wouldn't like knowing that? "Missing someone gets easier everyday because though he is further from the last time you saw him, he is also closer til the next time."

The best thing that's gonna get me through this is to break up the time, there are 4 things that will be doing that for me. And I'm challenging myself to count down to those things rather than looking at the time as a whole. In Sept, I have friends coming for their b-day, than sometime after that Dustin will have R&r, and Than my sister and mother are coming out in March. And in the beginning of June my Cousin is going to make it out. So with the only a few months in between each event it makes the total count down seem so much less.

Hey best part of all is remind myself everyday that, Dustin is safe, he is gonna be in one of the best FOBS over there, he'll have Internet. We will be able to talk almost everyday when he isn't working :D Plus I finally get to make all the Awesome care packages I have been looking forward to. And get to receive letters in the mail ALL the time from him that's gonna be awesome.

So the challenge begins, it will challenge our faith, our relationship, our friendship, our patience, and our courage. But if there is one thing being an army wive and girlfriend to Dustin has shown, its that we truly are in love and this little task will not phase us one bit. Nothing we haven't had to do before.

Sabrina

P.s. cherish all the small things they do. Like I woke up today expecting to have to do dishes before breakfast, and found the dishwasher was full of clean dishes :D made my day! He had started it before we left for formation yesterday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment