Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Heaven has a new angel

I guess we have reached the age where we will start to lose people who are very important to us in our lives. We don't want it to happen and when it does it hurts, but the best thing you can do is to remember them, and all the good times you had with them.

For my loosing my first grandparent has been really hard. She was so so so much a person I look up to. Both of my grandparents have been married for over 50 years and seem so happy together!! I want Dustin and I to be like that. They are still so desperately in love with each other. What wonderful people to look up to.

As I was digging up and emailing my sister pictures of my grandmother with me, and my family. I really only wish that I hadn't lived so far away from home for the past 5 years. It kills me not being able to see my family, grandparents grow older, and so do my nephews. I can't wait for our time in Germany to be over so we can join the family again.

Slightly disappointed in the amount of pictures I have of me and my grandmother, I got to thinking about all the times we spent together. Maybe our lack of pictures is due to the time we spent just talking. I remember even taking pictures in her wedding gown for her 50th anniversary :D and how excited she was that I had always dreamed to have my wedding in her back yard!! I remember all spring her talking about planting all the flowers, and making grandpa take extra good care of the yard!

She may have passed but she is gonna be my guardian angel forever and at least now she won't have to suffer and count pills, and whatever else. And I bet her and Aunt Sandy are just having a great time talking about all the things that have been happening including grandbabies and great grandbabies!!













No comments:

Post a Comment