Monday, June 22, 2015

The super busy and super fun week!!!

Monday: So it's the beginning of one of the busiest weeks of the summer and all great things, we are all gonna be so exhausted by the time Sunday rolls around, and next week has quite a bit going on too, with the arrival of house hold goods, meeting our new doctor, and 4th of July!! Today we spent the morning cleaning kitchen, and hanging out just relaxing and enjoying the day. Then after lunch Kyra and Darren took a power nap, before leaving to spend the afternoon swimming!! We swam for around 3 hours and had so much fun with all our new friends!! Even managed to get Kyra to swim on her own with floaties!! Took a while but she finally managed to get the courage to let go, and play and there was no going back!! Afterwards it seems that Darren and I were more worn out than Kyra was, Darren passed out at 630 and I felt like I could be right behind him, but had to go buy different floaties for the kids to use tomorrow because the cheap ones we bought just weren't working out. So I bought new cheap ones to replace them and we all know how that's likely to go!

Tuesday: We went swimming again, but this time outside. I was so paranoid with both kids, and how pale they are. So I kept them covered in sunscreen but I guess during lunch break when I put more on them I didn't put more on me, and well inevitably I got burnt, luckly just my shoulders, back and shins, my face survived which is good because I hate that the most!! We spent the evening enjoying some fun family time, including trying to get Darren to sit up and roll over more, he is kinda lazy!! Then I showered and covered my entire body in aloe and passed out!!

Wednesday: Was our only lazy day!! We spent the whole day at home not doing a whole lot just hanging out!! I was recovering from the sunburn and didn't feel very good all morning. Then I got something's done around the house before vegging out the rest of the evening. We all needed the day to just cuddle and hangout!! 

Thursday: What a long and eventful day we had. We got up and were out the door by 6 am and on our way to Dallas to pick up your CRV and to have a lovely visit with my family!! We grabbed coffee and aside from a slightly stalker weird trucker on our way, it was a pretty easy drive there, both kids were calm until the last few mins and that was okay!! The Vehicle Processing Center was very organized and had us in and out in less than 30 mins!! And on our way to Doug and Ambers house!! We had so much fun at Amber and Doug's we played games, ate delicious food, played in a pool, and played with lots and lots of toys!! It was a really loud day with 1 older kid, 3 toddlers, and 2 babies running around!! But it was so great to get all the cousins together and to see them all playing nicely together!! We were very sad to leave but amazing little Hannah gave Kyra a few toys to play with until her stuff gets here!! Then we were on our way back home. After filling up the tank we headed to jump on the 35 home. And that is where the worst part of the day began. Darren started screaming not even 5 mins down the road, and since we had both cars, I was alone in a car with two kids who were overly tired and wouldn't sleep. We were stuck in hellish traffic for 1.5 hours just trying to get out of town and Darren screamed the whole way even after a little stop part of the way for some cuddles. Finally on the other side of town we stopped and had an ice cream cone and calmed down again. Then back on the road as it was already getting late. So if you have ever ridden with me you may know there are three things that make me white knuckle drive and I absolutely hate. Those being, passing semis and them passing me, driving at night, and driving alone. And I had all 3 of those combined the entire last 3 hours. And I was not happy about it at all. I just wanted to be home and done. Plus all 3 combined in construction zones, thin roads, and roads that would go all over the place and be uneven etc....was just terrible. And to pile on it was getting really late and I was tired, never been happier to put my feet on the ground at home!!

Friday: All morning we spent cleaning house, supervising lawn mowing, and resting up for a late night of fun!! Around 4 Lynnette, Juan and Rosalie rolled into town!! We spent lots of time just chatting, and then had Hooters for dinner with Coggans another friend of ours from Hawaii!! It was so nice catching up and then of course we came back to he house for a few drinks and a game of cards against humanity!! It was also extremely cute to see that my best friends daughter and Kyra got along super well!! Like they could be the same little person!! I absolutely adore them both. They even did potty breaks from playing together!! It's so sad to me that they are leaving right away and will be in Arizona!! We are going to HAVE to hang out more often so the two get chance to grow up together, I see a best friendship happening!!

Saturday: We started the morning off with a bang...litterally!! We had an early morning storm roll through around 4:30-5 am and had Dustin and I both awake and enjoying it but the kids didn't even move. So we got back to sleep for a little while. We lazed out all morning, then went to pet stores to look at fish because we are getting Kyra a fish once our stuff gets moved in and unpacked!! After that we had lunch and picked up trash cans and hampers from Walmart!! After a lazy log nap everyone sleeping on the couch we decided to use the gift card my mom sent for Dustin's birthday at Olive Garden!! It was very tasty, as it always seems to be!! Then came home for baths and bed!! Such a lovely lazy day we had!

Sunday: We have decided that unless we have other plans, Sunday's will be for geocaching!! We are getting so close to reaching our 100 geocache mark and are very excited!! Today we set out with a list of 20 we wanted to get. Of the twenty we found 8. We just weren't having any luck :( 8 sounds good but considering we were out for 4 hours it wasn't....oh well that 8 left us with only 8 more to reach the mark, so hopefully we will get there next Sunday!! Now off to go clean up the house and cook dinner before the movers come tomorrow!! So so so excited that tonight is my last day sleeping on the couch I have missed my bed he last 2 months!!

No comments:

Post a Comment