Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Throne of Demons (book 1) Review

http://www.amazon.com/Throne-Demons-Songs-Death-Life-ebook/dp/B01CROP8LM?ie=UTF8&keywords=throne%20of%20demons&qid=1461778468&ref_=sr_1_1&s=books&sr=1-1

I was given this book by the author to read and write an honest review.



I started out this book not totally sure. We were sent the copy due to previous books we had reviewed, however Dustin has been the one who read the oh her books!! I asked him if he wanted a new book to read for free in return for a review and he said yes so I emailed the author and accepted his offer. I got the book and it sat there for almost two weeks without being read by Dustin. And I felt bad since it was our first offer....little did I know we would receive way more before long. 

So feeling guilty I picked up the book and started reading, I would read a chapter before bed. And it took me a few nights to even understand what was going on. Each "chapter" is written from the perspective of another character. So I was being thrown all over the place trying to piece together all the parts. After about a week I had a good bearing on the few main characters.

Edison really draws you into each character with great details and emotions. And you long to find out who each character is become and how they will relate. 

Without giving away too much, the plot is following a kingdom that is split between 4 lands. The king is a terrible ruler. As they oddly always seem to be. Each land is mostly left to fend for themselves against the on slaught of demons attacking from all sides. And as the story progresses you find that the only way to truly overcome the demons is witchcraft. But who will go to the witches first? The answer will surprise you, and make you want to read the next book.

So what is my review. I'll give it a 4 out of 5 stars. Why because the story is so well written and the characters are so developed you feel genuine grief when someone dies. But this whole concept wasn't for me. If you like stories based on demons, witches, and other folklore as such you would totally think it's a 5/5!! I hope that Dustin manages to pick it up and read it in the future!!

No comments:

Post a Comment