Thursday, July 13, 2017

The Kidney Donors Journey: 100 questions I asked before donating my kidney; A book review




This book was sent to me to read for review, and I wasn't sure if I was going to accept the offer. It isn't something I would usually read. I love novels and stories, but I thought it might be something interesting to learn about. So I picked it up and gave it a shot.

I was afraid going in that it was going to be chalked full of medical terms, and things I wouldn't understand; However, right away I was drawn in my the light-hearted appeal of the author. He told his courageous story through humor, and honest feelings.

I think this book is a essential to anyone who has ever considered donating a kidney, to a family member, or stranger. Or even to someone who wants to do some majorly self-less act of service to another person.

Everyone is born with 2 kidneys, and our bodies only need 1 to function. So it is one of the only organs we can donate while still alive and utterly self-less! This book answers all the questions you might have and the author provides all the research you will need to do on your own, in one simple, fun and easy to read book!

This book gets a 5 out of 5 for me!!! It was written incredibly, with lots of information. Yet you aren't drowning in facts, and medical terms!

No comments:

Post a Comment