Thursday, July 12, 2012

Couple recipes we tried and LOVED!!!

So today I thought I had nothing to write about but than I remembered I had some recipes that I wanted to share with some friends. There are more that I just can't seem to remember. But today I am going to write about the YUMMY chicken chili, and the easy banana bread that we have recently made. The chicken chili recipe we found on pinterest but it was a little to complex with all the fresh ingredients, I like simple meals. So we substituted things that included the seasonings (garlic, basil, and peppers)

So without anymore dismay:

Chicken Chili:

1 15 oz can black beans
1 15 oz can kidney beans
1 15 oz can fiesta corn
1 28 oz can of oregano, garlic, and basil diced tomatoes
1 15 oz can of tomato puree
2 tablespoons of garlic salt
1 tablespoon of oregano
1 tablespoon of chili powder
pepper to taste
and 4 chicken breasts (we bought pre marinated mexican flavored chicken to add more flavor)

The directions for this is very simple pour all ingredients except chicken into crock pot and mix them together. Place chicken on top, and turn crock pot to high. Cook on high for 4 hours. At 30 mins prior to serving use forks to shred the chicken up. Than serve with whatever toppings you would normally have with chili.  We like sour cream and cheese!

Banana Bread:

1 1/2 Cup(s) All Purpose Flour
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon (Optional)
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/2 Cup(s) Sugar
1/2 Cup(s) Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
3 Large Ripe Bananas, Mashed
1/4 Cup (Half a Stick) Butter, Melted

1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a bread pan or 2 meatloaf pans.
2) In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, sugars. Add in eggs and melted butter. Stir.
3) Mix in the bananas and put into the pan.
4) Drop it on the counter a few times to get it evened out on the pan.
5) Bake for 50-60 minutes, or the toothpick test comes out clean.
6) Take out of the oven, let it cool for around 30 minutes and enjoy

We made this drunk it was that easy!! And was tasty tasty tasty!! So enjoy, and happy cooking!!!

Topic of the day: What is your dream job, and why?

I'm not sure what my dream job is but I am more focused on what my current AMAZING job is. I don't want anything more than to continue being a mom!! I love spending my day teaching and playing with my sweet daughter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment