Saturday, August 11, 2012

Impromptu Heidelberg

These are pictures from our random trip to Heidelberg. We didn't plan this trip ahead of time, and decided not to hike up to the Castle...and Couldn't find the train up either. So we decided to just walk around the town which was definitely cool in itself :) I think my friend Ashley's artistic pictures are starting to rub off cuz I was taking pictures of everything!!







Topic of the day:  5 people who have influenced you the most and how.

1.My momma, she dealt with a lot raising 3 daughters. I can only imagine how much work that was. Specially when we were all hellions in high school. And specifically now that I have a kids of my own I am more influenced by her because she was a great parent and her and my dad did a great job with us. All I can imagine is to be half as good of a mom to Kyra!!!

2. Dustin, of course he has influenced me man I mean we live together haha. And you hang out with one of us without the other you see the other one in each others personalities all the time now!! He is a great influence because he works hard, and helps encourage me to be a better person everyday!

3. Shawn Adkins, she was a great friend and also helped me to understand being a parent in the Army life. She was so great with both of her boys and you never saw even a stitch of doubt when she had to be a single mother for a year while her husband was deployed. She just seemed to KNOW that she could do it. She also inspires me with her goal setting. When she gets something in her mind she puts her whole being into achieving it!!

4. Mrs. Forde, you wouldn't think someone that was only in my life for 2 school years(kindergarten-1st grade) at the very beginning of my school career would have left such a lasting imprint, but if you were to ask about my favorite teacher she was it. She was the first person outside of my parents to yell at me and make me cry. Not that I didn't deserve it. I was talking in class and didn't stop after she warned me. I think she helped mold my very pliable mind and taught me to be a better person!!

5. Marilyn Monroe, she has always been one of my favorite celebrities of all time. She was so inspirational, and a great influence for all young women!! She wasn't afraid of who she was and was always herself. She has influenced me by letting me realize that how I am is just as great as anything I could pretend to be!
“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” that quote says it best!!

No comments:

Post a Comment