Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Book Review: Shine

Book 6 of the 12 this year was the book Shine by Lauren Myracle. I picked up this book at a garage sale a year or so ago as it looked interesting and you can't do much better than 50 cents for a book :D It ended up sitting on my bookshelf for a while being forgotten about for far too long. I had just finished the Maze Runner series and needed something completely different to read, so I could try and move on.


Book Description from Amazon:

When her best guy friend falls victim to what seems like a vicious hate crime, 16-year-old Cat sets out to discover who in her small town did it. Richly atmospheric, this daring mystery mines the secrets of a tightly knit Southern community and examines the strength of will it takes to go against everyone you know in the name of justice.

My opinion:

I was surprised to find out who had committed the hate-crime. It took the whole book to finally get to who it was!! I was reading this book just as fast as I had the previous books this year!! I have to say I have gotten lucky so far on having picked good books that I can't put down!! And I hope I have given a couple people some new books to read!!! Half way done with my goal and its only April!

No comments:

Post a Comment