Sunday, June 25, 2017

Update on my Resolutions!

I don't know what it is about this year, but I haven't been very focused on reaching my goals. I know where I want to be, just haven't been taking the right steps to get there. But I guess its a good thing I am checking in mid way so I can use the last 6 months to figure out where I want to go from here.

I love blogging and journalism and anything to do with pen and paper, so that is perhaps why keeping up with my Blog is so difficult. I am not a fan of sitting in front of the computer writing out my feelings or my thoughts on a screen.

Anyways back to my Resolutions for today!!

Here is the list!

2017 Goals

*Personal*

1.Workout more
2. Read more
3. Work on my blog

*Business*

1. Work less, make more.
2. Make close to 12k by the end of the year.
3. Only work during specific hours.

*House* 

1. Declutter ALOT of stuff.
2. Organize more.
3. Create a perfect home in Oregon.

*Financial*

1. Save $100 a month.
2. Spend less.
3. Pay off debt.

*Family*
1. Eat out only once a week.
2. Be more active.

3. Try a new recipe every other week.

In the personal section I have been working out more, it isn't as routinely as it could be, but I try to get in a hard workout about 4 times a week, I have my lazy days. We all do tho don't we! I have been reading a lot this summer I have already finished 3 books this summer already :) You can see the reviews in here somewhere most likely! And well I have put some blog work in, but its not where it used to be back a few years ago...

Business section, I am not likely to be near where I need to be. I underestimated just how much work moving my business was going to be this time. However, I have been doing a lot of marketing, meeting new people, and I think I am getting closer to reaching a bigger goal next year. I can't wait to see things start going here!!

House, my have things in this goal department changed HAHA....no perfect home in Oregon but over the next few months we should be house shopping, and buying and settling into a home in North Carolina. Funny how its the opposite side of the country!! But I adore it here. Best place we have lived in a long time. Its beautiful!! We did get rid a of a bunch pre move and now 6 months without a lot of it, plan to get rid of even more soon :)

Our finances are a humble jumble right now...probably the biggest stress for me right now. We are working to get everything back organized but I assume it will take a few months to get there. We spent a lot on the move, and a lot since. Also getting used to a once a month paycheck is going to be another challenge.

Family could also use a little more help. However I am happy with our being more active, we have been hiking, camping, walking, parks, and lots of swimming!! We are a totally different family here than we were in Texas and I love it!!! We still spend too much eating out, and we aren't being very adventurous with our foods. But we are enjoying each other more when we have time together :)

This was a great little check in for me so I can see where I am and what I still need to do to reach the rest of my goal by the end of the year. I think the biggest thing will be buying a house and paying less on mortgage than we are on this apartment. I think once we do that and work on making a budget up everything else will fall into place.

Thanks for reading and listening to my rambling. More to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment