Monday, June 5, 2017

Book Review: Serenity

This is another book I was sent by the author to read, and give an honest review!



Serenity the first book of a 3 part series by Craig A. Hart is a mystery thriller book.

I wasn't totally sure where this story was going to lead when I dove in. I have a varied interest in books, and I am always down to help an author out by checking out a book they think I would enjoy.

This book started out like any other mystery novel. By introducing a bunch of characters, digging in deeper on a few of them, and then learning how their lives all intertwine. Craig Hart does a great job of introducing his main characters, but I have to say some of the other characters who make an appearance through out the book are a little shallow and hard to understand how they become part of the main story line. Or if their appearance is necessary at all.

The thriller part of the novel did not disappoint. I had a hard time setting it down when I had to. You never were quite sure what was about to happen, and even up to the very end you can't believe how things play out.

If you are looking for a good mystery novel, something quick to read, and keeps you in suspense, this novel is for you. If you are a huge fan of deep characters, and all loose ends of the story being tied by the end of the book perhaps you may not enjoy this book as much. I am going to give it the benefit of the doubt and assume things become much more conjoined when you read the second book.

My over all review 3 out of 5. I am just a huge fan of characters that when I finish the book I feel like I lost a friend, someone I really knew, and this book didn't give me that, and doesn't really make me wanna run to Amazon right now and buy the second book. But it was a very good read other wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment