Sunday, January 3, 2016

Controversial article

http://politicalo.com/rep-josh-moore-r-im-allowed-to-grab-breastfeeders-nipples-if-they-use-them-in-public/

I read the above article and was immediately in shock and enraged. I literally couldn't believe the words on the page in front of me. I know there are some people who aren't fans of breastfeeding in public and that is sad that our American culture has caused people to have opinions like that. But this man has crossed too many lines. 

Not liking what you see when a mother nurses in public is one thing, but to think you are entitled to touch her in anyway is irrational and rediculous!!

Namely, Moore took to Facebook to argue that “if women who want to breastfeed their children in public are allowed to expose their nipples, then I am also allowed to grab their nipples and play around with them.” 

No sir, that is not how this works. It doesn't matter if a woman is breastfeeding or just chooses to go streaking (I am not advising this) you do NOT have the right to touch her. Just because it's exposed doesn't give you some entitlement to her body. That is Sexual Harrassment and Sexual Assualf both of which will get you into jail. Honestly just threatening that should put you on some sort of predators list. I know I wouldn't feel safe being around this man.

He goes on to say:

 “See, the equivalent of that would be if every single man who is sexually aroused by a female walking by would be allowed to take his pants and underwear off and show his erection to his potential mate."


How does that even begin to compare? Last time I checked feeding a baby has nothing to do with any sort of sexual urge. So what does this have to do with a man taking his pants off? I for one don't even think about impressing a man, even my own, when I nurse my child. 

He finishes off by saying:

“So, if we’re not going to put moms in jail for breastfeeding their babies in public, the least we can do in the best interest of equality is allow the men to come up to them and play around with their exposed nipples and areolas, BUT ONLY once the babies are finished feeding,” 


Oh wait so you want the babies to eat? You know putting the moms in jail will make it so they can't right?? You claim to be a Family man, but I hope you don't treat your family the way you talk about other mothers. My sincere hope after this article went live that New Hampshire sees what they elected and finds any way possible to get this man from any position of power if not file some sort of harassment charges against him. I am not easily offended and normally when I am I just let it pass as being angry about things like this get you nowhere. But this man needs to be shamed, and have any sort of power he may have taken away.


No comments:

Post a Comment