Monday, April 27, 2015

Book reviews!!!

Just finished books 10-13. Yup by the end of April just 4 months I have read 13 books!! Maybe I have no life, or maybe I am trying to spend less time on Facebook, I don't know. But I am enjoying the fact I have read so many!! And plan to read a bunch more over the next few weeks once all our belongings are gone.

Alright here are my quick descriptions and my opinions on them!! Hope I help you find some thing new to read!! For my past reviews follow this link:

American Sniper by Chris Kyle

So this one isn't something I would normally pick up, but Dustin had read it in a matter of days and so I thought it must be a really good book. Plus I really like to read books before we watch the movie in most cases it is far better that way!! However, in my opinion this book was SLOW. I had a hard time reading it and went many days not reading because I was just not intrigued. I enjoyed learning more about Chris Kyle and find him an interesting person, and it also gave me a bit more of an insite into what goes through my husbands mind. But to me he spent too much time telling every detail about every gun he has ever shot, every vehicle he has ever driven etc...and it got old for me. I think the movie will be excellent as it will skip all those details and just show the action part of his story! So if you aren't into slow moving autobiographys pas up the book and just watch the movie.



Worthy of Love by Sally Gerard

This book I read in the middle of reading American Sniper, I needed a break from that book for a little bit. And when Sally who is a mentor of sorts, someone I have always looked up to, put up a request for a few people to read her newest book and review it I jumped on the chance. You all read my review about her previous book Windows in the Loft, and I really enjoy the way she writes. So not really knowing what the book was about I began to dig in right away. The book follows the story of a young woman who has always lived with the guilt of her mothers death (from her birth) and her father has done nothing but blame her for it her whole life. When she finally has her life on track she meets a man and begins to fall for him, but will she ever be able to stay with him? I really enjoyed this read and finished it in less than a week. It was a bit predictable which isn't always a bad thing, and in the case of a book like this is actually nice to read and just relax into the plot, you feel right at home with the characters like you have known them your whole life.



Tell Me Again How A Crush Should Feel by Sara Farizan

This book caught my attention when I was browsing through Oyster and not really knowing what I wanted to read next I picked it up!! The story follows a young teenager, trying to make her way through high school, and the struggle of living up to her parents expectations as well as really figuring out who she is!! The story was very easy to read and I found it quite enjoyable. I do think however the story is more relatable to younger crowd than I relate with any longer. The plot twist is not what you expect!! Great story, bit of a tear jerker in parts, over all if you want an easy read and a good story and still find teenagers relatable READ IT!!




The Giver by Lois Lowrey

I am sure by this point most people have picked up this book or watched the movie. With that being the case I won't tell you much about the plot. Not that much can be said without giving away a lot of the story! I am fairly sure in Highschool I was assigned this as a book to read. And we'll with working after school and just frankly being a teenager, never actually read the book, probably just skimmed to get the gist. And I am ashamed of that, because after picking this up I read it in just a few days!! It's an amazing book and the story is eye opening!! If you haven't read it do!!


No comments:

Post a Comment